The Mountain Brook Parks and Recreation Department oversees the maintenance of six City parks and over ninety parcels of right-of-way property. The department's office as well as the maintenance facilities are located at the Mountain Brook High School.
Park & Recreation Goals & Objectives
The Park & Recreation Department strives to improve the well being of the residents of the City by providing an attractive, clean, and safe environment for active and passive recreational activities.
- Crestline Tot Lot - On Church Street in Crestline Village near Montevallo Road.
- Jemison Park - On Mountain Brook Parkway near Mountain Brook Village.
- Overton Park - On Overton Road in the Brookwood Forest area.
- Irondale Furnace Park - On Stone River Road in Cherokee Bend.
- Canterbury Park - On Canterbury Road near Mountain Brook Village.
- Athletic Complex - Mountain Brook High School on Bethune Drive.
The City park facilities offer a wide array of recreational opportunities from tennis, soccer, baseball, and football to play areas for children, walking trails, and natural environments to allow residents to experience nature with the City.
The City also operates Overton Pavilion which can be rented for parties.
For reservations please call 802-3877
The Mountain Brook Athletic Association plans, and manages baseball, softball, and football programs for our City's youth.
BIRD LIST IN JEMISON PARK
The Friends of Jemison Park have printed an updated Bird List for Jemison Park. Copies may be obtained at two wooden boxes made by Mayor Oden, located at both ends of Jemison Park near Overbrook Road and Cahaba Road. The Friends of Jemison Park will soon begin work on reprinting booklet on the history of Jemison Park. If you would like to make a donation toward this effort, please forward your tax deductible contribution to:
Friends of Jemison Park
C/O Mrs. Peter T. Worthen
3016 Mountain Brook Parkway
Mountain Brook, AL 35223